Chartsy|One is a Java-based desktop software with currently available installers for Windows and Linux operating systems. Both 32-bit and 64-bit architecture is supported, To install and use the Chartsy|One software you must have Java 8 Runtime Environment (JRE) installed on your computer. If you do not already have one, please visit Java download page and download the Java JRE installation file for your operating system. Additional system requirements include:
- 2 GB of RAM or more
- 2 GB of free hard drive space
- 2 GHz dual core processor or better
- SSD disk is recommended for best charting and overall performance experience
- Internet access is recommended
This guide will help you to seamlessly install the Chartsy|One software on your computer.
- If you haven't already done so, please download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment 8 from here.
- If you haven't already done so, please request for a 15-day free trial of the software here. Chartsy|One is a commercial software package, however we are giving you a unique opportunity to test our software for a period of 15 days and decide if it meets your needs. After your trial period is complete you can continue use the software by purchasing a subscription.
- Run the installer that you have downloaded from our website. The following installation wizard window will popup. Follow the displayed installation instructions to complete the setup.
- When your installation is completed launch the program. The following splash screen window will be shown during startup. Please give the program a moment to load and launch all the modules and plugins bundled with the software.
- During the first launch of the program you will be asked for an activation key. The activation key is a short text of the form XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX and uniquely identifies the user of the software. You will find that key in a welcome email which you received from us after requesting a free trial. Note that the activation key you received is uniquely assigned to you, you must not share the key with others. When the above activation key screen is shown, enter your personal activation key you have received from us in a welcome e-mail and click "Activate" to continue. Note that you must have active internet connection to be able to activate our software.
- If your activation key is legitimate and does not expired, the main Chartsy|One welcome screen will appear.
Opening First Chart
The Chartsy|One is not a data provider service and requires attaching external historical data files to get most out of the program. Yet, it comes preconfigured out-of-the-box with several connectors to free online data sources, which allows you to quickly display adhoc charts for instruments available through these services. To open your first adhoc chart using the online provider, please click on the "New Chart" button on the toolbar. The following window will be shown.
In the next step change selected Data Provider to "Stooq", then enter the name of the asset you want to open (e.g. BTC/USD) in the Symbol field, finally click the Open button. The new chart frame with daily bitcoin prices should appear as shown on the screenshot below.
Having the chart frame opened, you can:
- Add indicator to the chart.
- Add overlay to the chart.
- Change chart type
- Change bars resolution on the chart.
- Draw graphic objects.
- ...and much, much more.
- During installation the following message appears: "Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) was not found on this computer"
Solution: Download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment 8 from this download page. After successful installation of the Java software, launch the Chartsy|One installer once again.
- While starting up the following error message is shown: "Cannot setup the Chartsy|One Database due to javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException"
Solution: Java version on your computer is too old and does not recognize SSL certificates used by our licensing and update center servers. Download and install the Java SE Runtime Environment 8 from this download page. After successful installation of the Java software, run the Chartsy|One application once again.